The Ultimate James Bond List – Thunderball (1965)
By now you already know what the Ultimate James Bond List is all about. It’s just a way for everyone to finally be able to compare each James Bond actor, era and film based on a few simple lists. This month its Thunderball, and like always, I do recommend you read the review and watch the film while reading the list. It helps.
007 – Each time the Bond theme song is heard.
1. opening gun barrel sequence
2. faintly heard (only a few strings) during first encounter with Domino underwater
3. faintly heard (only a few strings) while entering his hotel room and attack thug in the shower
4. while being rescued via the sky hook at the end
You Know My Name – Bond, James Bond count. When it is said by Bond himself.
Felix Leiter – If James Bond smokes on screen.
Nobody Does It Better – Whenever Bond beds a woman, implied of course.
1. Patricia Fearing in the steam room
2. Fiona Volpe in hotel room
3. Fiona Volpe again in the hotel room
4. Domino underwater.
Shaken, Not Stirred – All alcoholic beverages Bond consumes.
1. unknown beverage while at lunch with Domino
2. same beverage while at lunch
3. Rum Collins while at Largo’s house
Licence To Kill – Every kill caused by Bond himself directly.
1. Jacques Bouvar via suffocation
2. underwater diver by cutting oxygen line
3 – 4. Largo’s thug with a gun
5. Largo’s thug with a knife in the shark pool
6. Fiona Volpe by putting her in the path of a bullet at Kiss Kiss Club
7. Vargas with the spear gun
8 – 9. Largo’s thug under water
10 – 11. Largo’s thug, cutting oxygen line
12. Largo’s thug, via rocket spear
13 – 15. Largo’s thug via explosion
16. Largo’s thug cutting oxygen line
17. Largo’s thug break mask on face
18. Largo’s thug stabbing in the chest
19. Largo’s thug with a spear gun
Aston Martin DB5 – Any and all modes of transport Bond travels by.
1. Jetpack during pre title sequence
2. Aston Martin DB5 leaving the health clinic
3. motor boat with Domino
4. motor boat taxi to the Casino on the beach
5. motor boat with Felix
6. row boat toward Largo’s ship, Disco Volante
7. in the car with Fiona Volpe
8. helicopter with Felix to find the submerged Vulcan
9. car to Largo’s house
10. car back to hotel
11. in the car with Fiona and her thugs to Largo’s house
12. helicopter to missing Vulcan’s location
13. mini sub from Disco Volante
14. Coast guard helicopter
15. Disco Volante as it makes its escape
16. sky hook escape with the aeroplane
I Never Joke About My Work – Any gadget Bond uses in the field provided by Q branch.
1. underwater camera snapping pictures of Disco Volante
2. Geiger Counter watch with Disco Volante
3. Geiger counter watch at Largo’s house
4. underwater rebreather in shark pool
5. radioactive tracker pill
6. Geiger counter watch on Disco Volante
7. mini flare gun
8. turbo diving tank
9. rocket spear on diving tank
10. rocket spear on diving tank
11. mini rebreather escaping thugs
I Have A Dinner Jacket – Whenever Bond wears a tuxedo.
1. at the casino sequence
For Queen and Country – All locations visited by 007
2. (South of) England
4. Palmyra (Largo’s estate)
Yes, I Know, Don’t Tell Me – Any chase 007 finds himself involved in.
1. Bond on foot while Fiona and her thugs chase him during the Junkanoo
Ninja Training – Any team vs team shoot out with each team being greater than 10 members.
1. U.S. Coast Guard vs Largo’s men underwater
So there you have it. The Thunderball list is complete. Make sure you stick around for next month’s list.
James Bond will return in You Only Love Twice.