The Ultimate James Bond List – Goldfinger (1964)
What is the Ultimate James Bond List, you may be asking? Well it’s really simple. As I review each 007 film, I make a list of each film so that everyone can compare the actors and films against each other. You may have read my review for Goldfinger, but if not, find it here. Either way, take a look at the list, and if possible watch the film and follow along. Let me know if I’ve missed something from the list and drop a comment below. ENJOY!
007 – Each time the Bond theme song is heard.
1. opening gun barrel scene
2. while climbing the wall and knocking out a guard
3. introducing himself to Jill Masterson
4. while Mr. Solo driving away with Bond’s tracking device
5. walking toward his meeting with Goldfinger
You Know My Name – Bond, James Bond count. When it is said by Bond himself.
1. introducing himself to Jill Masterson
Felix Leiter – If James Bond smokes on screen.
1. during the opening scene at the bar
Nobody Does It Better – Whenever Bond beds a woman, implied of course.
1. Jill Masterson after their first meeting
2. Pussy Galore in the stables
3. Pussy Galore just before the end credits
Shaken, Not Stirred – All alcoholic beverages Bond consumes.
1. Brandy at dinner (holding only)
2. Vodka Martini in Goldfinger’s personal jet
3. unnamed alcoholic beverage in personal jet
4. unnamed alcoholic beverage before landing in Baltimore
5. Mint Julep while meeting with Goldfinger
Licence To Kill – Every kill caused by Bond himself directly.
1. unnamed thug in the bathtub via electrocution
2-4. Goldfinger thug in the chase car exploding
5. Goldfinger thug with a gun
6. Oddjob via electrocution
Aston Martin DB5 – Any and all modes of transport Bond travels by.
1. Aston Martin DB5
2. Lockheed Jetstar
3. Station Wagon with Oddjob
4. Military truck to Fort Knox
5. private jet to Washington D.C.
I Never Joke About My Work – Any gadget Bond uses in the field provided by Q branch.
1. Homer, tracking device on Goldfingers car
2. GPS – Aston Martin DB5
3. Tyre shredder – Aston Martin DB5
4. Smoke Screen – Aston Martin DB5
5. Oil streaks – Aston Martin DB5
6. Rear window shield – Aston Martin DB5
7. Ejector seat – Aston Martin DB5
8. Machine gun headlights – Aston Martin DB5
9. Homer, small tracking device in heel of boot
10. Homer, small tracking device placed in Mr. Solo’s jacket
I Have A Dinner Jacket – Whenever Bond wears a tuxedo.
1. during the opening scene
2. dinner with M
For Queen and Country – All locations visited by 007
1. Latin America
2. Miami, America
3. London, England
4. Geneva, Switzerland
5. Baltimore, America
Yes, I Know, Don’t Tell Me – Any chase 007 finds himself involved in.
1. escaping Goldfinger’s men in the Aston Martin DB5
2. second time he escapes from Goldfinger’s men
Ninja Training – Any team vs team shoot out with each team being greater than 10 members.
1. American army vs Goldfinger’s men at Fort Knox
Well that was a fun list to compile. Especially when it came to the gadgets. I completely forget how heavily he relied on them. Either way, It was a great list and hope you can stick around for Thunderball next month. Follow to keep informed whenever the list goes live.