Ultimate James Bond List – Dr. No (1962)
A lot of people talk about the different James Bond actors and like to compare each and every aspect. So with my most recent James Bond film viewings, I decided to compile a list. The Ultimate James Bond list for myself and anyone else that has ever wondered about which 007 has bedded the most women, to who kills the most. Best part about it all is that once the list is complete, everyone will be able to easily compare each and every part of the list to the different the films, actors and across generations.
Below you will find the list. 12 titles in total and each belonging to a different subject matter. A brief description beside each title will clue you in on the subject matter, in case the titles themselves throw you off.
007 – Each time the Bond theme song is heard.
1. plays during the gun barrel sequence and continues into the opening credits
2. as soon as 007 introduces himself the first time to Sylvia Trench
3. when Bond walks off with Sylvia and leaves the Casino
4. arrival at the Airport in Jamaica
5. arrival at Jamaican room at night
6. while driving to Miss Taro’s house
7. arrival at Miss Taro’s house
8. as the credits roll at the end of the film
You Know My Name – Bond, James Bond count. When it is said by Bond himself.
1. first introduced while playing cards at the casino
Felix Leiter – If James Bond smokes on screen.
1. during his introduction at the Casino
2. with Pleydell-Smith at Government House
3. after sex with Miss Taro
4. just before killing Professor Dent
5. after decontamination at Dr. No’s base
6. during dinner with Dr. No
7. a second during that same dinner with Dr. No
Nobody Does It Better – Whenever Bond beds a woman, implied of course.
1. Sylvia Trench in James Bond’s apartment before leaving for Jamaica
2. Miss Taro at her house
3. Miss Taro a second time at her house
4. Honey Ryder as the credits roll
Shaken, Not Stirred – All alcoholic beverages Bond consumes.
1. vodka martini in his room in Jamaica (in hand only)
2. while at the Queens Club (in hand only)
3. while interrogating the photographer
4. vodka in Jamaican hotel room
5. vodka martini at Dr. No’s base (in hand only)
6. at dinner with Dr. No
Licence To Kill – Every kill caused by Bond himself, directly.
1. Professor Dent at Miss Taro’s house with Walther PPK
2. unnamed guard in the lake at Crab Key with a knife
3. Chang at Crab Key base by suffocation
Aston Martin DB5 – Any and all modes of transport Bond travels by.
1. plane to Jamaica
2. car with his private driver
3. Duff’s car to Strangways house
4. taxi to the harbour
5. taxi back to Jamaican hotel room
6. driving a car while heading to Miss Taro
7. driving to the harbour to meet Felix and Quarrel
8. motor boat with Quarrel and Felix
9. sail/row boat with Quarrel
10. motor boat escape from Dr. No’s base
I Never Joke About My Work – Any gadget Bond uses in the field provided by Q branch.
1. Walther PPK
2. Geiger Counter (although not a gadget, it was provided by MI6)
I Have A Dinner Jacket – Whenever Bond wears a tuxedo.
1. during the Casino introduction until his visit to Jamaica
For Queen and Country – All locations visited by 007
3. Crab Key (technically part of Jamaica location, but I thought I’d mention it anyway)
Yes, I Know, Don’t Tell Me – Any chase Bond finds himself involved in.
1. by Felix from the Airport (car vs car)
2. by the Three Blind Mice on the way to Miss Taro’s house (car vs car)
Ninja Training – any team vs team shoot out with each team being greater than 10 members.
There you have it. The very first Ultimate James Bond list. Dr. No proved to be a wonderful starting point with this list. I am now very eager to continue with the next when it comes to From Russia With Love.
Follow me here, or on twitter to keep up to date on all my posts. And if you have any thoughts or comments, leave them below.